Malvern Storytellers Guidelines
- Our stories are drawn from a wide range of sources: traditional, modern, folk, multicultural.
- The occasional song or ballad is welcome.
- We are a group of oral storytellers, a tradition that goes back in time, so stories should be told and not read.
- Try to use pauses, different intonations, change of pace, and a clear voice to engage your audience.
- Stories should ideally be not more than about 10 minutes long, as this gives everybody the chance to tell two stories.
- If you are new to Malvern storytellers, feel free to come as a listener on your first visit, or tell a story if you wish.